Anyway, I had planned on writing more for Keper, but then one thing lead to another and I was thinking about Oceanus on Terra (no longer called Earth since is has been radically transformed). I guess my geekhood radar picked up a beep, since before I knew it, I was rolling dice to determine the extent of the damage that happened during the breaking off of the moon and the subsequent lunar meteorites that hit the earth.
Holy cow, there was devastation, indeed.
I rolled first to see how many 'Planet Buster' type meteorites hit and thankfully I rolled a 1. However, I then rolled the number of 'Significant Sized' meteorites on a D20 and I rolled a 17. Yikes, that is a lot of firepower coming down.
Then I tried to figure out when all of this would be hitting the earth and I came up with a suitable time of 6 days from the initial breaking (mostly due to the closeness of the earth). From then, I rolled 18 D6's to see how many each day came hurtling down. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the scattering was possible (in my limited physics knowledge of these things) and that the heaviest (ie: most terrible day) was on the 5th, when the Planet Buster came crashing down as well.
Next was my favorite part - in an evil voyeur type of way - since now I tried to determine where they would land. I marked Canada as 1, USA and Mexico as 2, all of South America as 3, Europe as 4, Northern Africa as 5, Southern Africa as 6, Middle East into Russia as 7, Siberia and parts of China as 8, Southern China and Taiwan area as 9, Indonesia and Australia as 10, the Atlantic as 11 and the Pacific as 12.
Just a matter of rolling a D12!
Poor poor world......I cringed each time a looked at a number, especially if that same number came up again! However, I rolled it out and yes, now I understand why Earth has been renamed Terra....
But I am not done yet. I had a brain fart and wanted to see if I could take this further to make it more realistic so I looked for impact simulation sites, and surprisingly there are many.
Here is the one I am currently playing with.... Impact Calculation Site
Great fun! Playing with the end of the world (as we know it)....
No comments:
Post a Comment