This started out as a kick ass role playing game initially designed by Nick and played out in character by Jeff, Tony, Duane, Eric, Nate, Michael and previously by Zak and Justin.


Now, I plan to update this blog as I strive to complete the adventure in book form that will one day be published.

Also: Head over to Deviant Art to check out more of Duane's art - and encourage him to do more EIN related stuff!

Moons of the Solar System

Moons of the Solar System
New Colonies with Gate Markers

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Like the workbook. Am realizing that this is vital stuff (the things he is mentioning). Primarily the fact about developing the main character. Hell, as we were playing, I did not really know Keper at all; was just interested in the action and the rolling.

Now as I write about what I remember/am creating, I am amazed that I have not fleshed out who or what Keper is as I thought I did. Basically, the main point: why the hell would anyone care about this story, or more specifically, Keper and his merry band of misfits?

I was asked to explore Keper's defining quality. That ended up taking much more time than I thought. I went to a great site here to get a list of personality traits and that helped a lot, especially since I tried to narrow it down.

Here are some narrowed down options:

PSYCHOLOGICAL TRAITS (inward focused)

Positive

Negative

does what is necessary, right

does what is convenient

faith in life

life can't be trusted

grateful

ungrateful, unappreciative

open-minded, tolerant

Narrow, small-minded, intolerant

self-confident

lack of self confidence, insecure

SOCIAL TRAITS (outer focused)

Positive

Negative

affectionate

distant, cold, aloof

faith in others

others can't be relied on

freedom given to others

authoritarian, controlling

humble

arrogant, conceited, ego-centric

trusting

suspicious, mistrusting


I am realizing this is not a simple gimmick to check off and continue writing (or am I making a big deal out of it?). To me, this is the crux of the reason why someone would be 'touched' by the words I write: being able to empathize and relate and thus care about the characters. So therefore, not just Keper needs to be fleshed out......but all of them.

Man, I admire you, Martin....

No comments: