The problem is not not having enough, but having too much to say succinctly and well.
I appreciate the workbook and am glad that I am reading this before my manuscript is completed, since it will give me insights to organizing and developing plot, story, tension and characters that I was oblivious to. Basically, I am a student again; a student of writing well.
I love it.
Just skimmed the first part of the workbook. Here are some good questions I need to integrate more:
- What are Keper's personal stakes in the matter? What is his main goal and what would either deter him or encourage him to continue? Why would he not be willing to give up? What is at stake? Can I create more situations than just his own selfish desires?
- Who is/are the antagonists and what are their motives? Everyone thinks what they are doing is right. How can I create a memorable character?
- My secondary characters and their arcs. What makes them tick and who are they? This started as a role playing game diving into secondary characters, where everyone was a primary character; there was not real hierarchy of position, even though Keper liked to think so.
- How can I tweak my characters to combine multiple roles? There will be many characters and arcs, but by combining some, I add interest and save memory cells.
Proof: I have not touched a computer game since Xmas.....! That is enough proof for me...ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment