I may be following a path that leads further down the rabbit hole, but I plan to use my brainstorming time for developing loads of questions that are related to the story, trying - ideally - to really flesh out the universe I am building. I firmly believe that once you ask the right questions, the answers will show themselves.
Granted, it may be too much for my simple mind - or - more frightening - may only be a way to delay writing (how I want), since I know that I just can not take weeks off at a time from work, life and family to enmesh myself in my little fantasy world. But perhaps that time will come later and I want to be ready for it.
In the meantime, I will brainstorm as much as I can, as often as I can - Daily, ideally - so I can really start getting traction. To me, brainstorming means questions, short dialogues and scene development, as well as how and where to put in the cool things I've learned from my notes on my recent foray into active book reading (taking notes and such).
I know that a story is supposed to be 'good' and while that is subjective, having a great thought out background and world, but shitty characters is pointless. Thus, I do understand that I do need to practice the art of character development, too. I hope in all this brainstorming, I will be doing justice to all the areas.
We'll see, won't we?
I just hope to look back on this blog in 5 years and know that I made the right decision to do this.
Many years after the unfortunate exodus off Earth, the remaining inhabitants of the solar system still struggle to come to terms with their surroundings, their desires, and their myriad creations.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Awesome art by Duane Mathes
This started out as a kick ass role playing game initially designed by Nick and played out in character by Jeff, Tony, Duane, Eric, Nate, Michael and previously by Zak and Justin.
Now, I plan to update this blog as I strive to complete the adventure in book form that will one day be published.
Also: Head over to Deviant Art to check out more of Duane's art - and encourage him to do more EIN related stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment