I needed a name. An Antagonist.
I knew the main plot and the sub thoughts going on (actually am still working on it), but I did not know a who or a how.
Since I did not want to make too many characters, I took all the current ones I had (minus the miuties) and did my geek-thing: I rolled up personality traits as well as bad-o-meters or good-o-meters. This is random, but as with astrology, you can find so much if you already have a feeling or a spark of a thought for someone.
What happened was interesting and shocking though. I rolled through and many of the rolls made sense (in my way), but a few took me aback and those were the ones that I started to think about. One of them particularly was a bit murky in my mind as to their use in the book but there is was staring at me: the main antagonist.
I tried to think about what makes a plausible evil person and came up with that there is only one true criterion: they sincerely believe they are right and doing the best for others, yet are willing to achieve this 'best' by manipulating or sacrificing others in the process, for they see people in the way as deluded and need to deal with them.
In that way, we all have an aspect of evil in ourselves, which is something that I will touch on in the novel anyway.
But to make it better, I found a link I like that will make it seem as if he is really doing good to others, but will betray many of those that think he is good on his road to be the puppet master of the Sol System.
Things are gelling together more and more.
Great.
Here's to random rolling and interesting story twists.
Many years after the unfortunate exodus off Earth, the remaining inhabitants of the solar system still struggle to come to terms with their surroundings, their desires, and their myriad creations.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Awesome art by Duane Mathes
This started out as a kick ass role playing game initially designed by Nick and played out in character by Jeff, Tony, Duane, Eric, Nate, Michael and previously by Zak and Justin.
Now, I plan to update this blog as I strive to complete the adventure in book form that will one day be published.
Also: Head over to Deviant Art to check out more of Duane's art - and encourage him to do more EIN related stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment