Ever Since Quenntis suggested I do the National November Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) in August, I've been gearing up for that event, even though I have no real clue if I can pull it off.
Previously I have been creating, editing and rearranging all of my notes and timelines for the story that I hope one day to be (similar to the title) Messiah. Not every day, but pretty much 4-5 days a week, I am looking at my notes or computer, getting the base needed for me to write my opus.
As the time is coming closer, I have been having more and more anxiety towards just how I was going to do justice to a story that I have been mulling over for over a decade. Especially as a first time (official) writer, I was basically just ill equipped to make the story flow easily and well the first time I tried it. I am not talking so much about editing, but more along the lines of finding my style, and making sure that the way that I was interacting with the page were honed.
That is when I realized that I was putting too much pressure on myself to do the story that might define the next few years of my life. I asked some people to look at my prologue to see if they had any thoughts and Quenntis also wrote back saying that there was a lot of stuff to write just in that. It seemed that I was glossing over a lot of juicy plots to start so late. At first, I did not pay much attention to it, but after thinking about it for awhile, it suddenly occurred to me that I could do two things at once: 1) practice learning the actual craft of writing (getting my style) and 2) deepen the backstories that may or may not be needed at some future point.
Thus, I was all set to write the 50,000 words for my Messiah story, but now, I've tweaked it to say that I will write some of the prologue material instead.
This relaxes me greatly since I am excited to be encased in this world that I am creating and plus I feel that I am not only NOT wasting time learning, but I am also gearing up for the future time to really pour my heart into my labor of love when I am ready.
Thus, I will start with where it begins: Herbert Engel and his Continuum
Messiah Prologue Stories 1 - Engel's Continuum
Exploration
into the life and struggles of Herbert Engel, the uncanny visionary that was
both ignored during his life and admired by future countless people giving them
insight into his 'continuum,' and thus opening the way for journeys of mind,
soul and body through space.
Wish me luck!
Ps. Thanx Quenntis for the 2 great suggestions...

No comments:
Post a Comment